20 Oct Win tickets for a screening of the documentary “Fire at Sea” (NYC)
We’re excited to give NOIAW members and friends the opportunity to participate in a giveaway for free tickets to see Fire at Sea. Three winners will each receive a free pair of tickets for any screening of their choosing (Q&A not included) at the IFC Center in New York City between October 25th and October 27th. The deadline to enter the giveaway is Monday, October 24, 2016 at 11:59 PM.
To view available dates and times, please click here.
The winners will be notified on Tuesday, October 25th at 11:59 AM by e-mail with instructions on how to use the free tickets.
Use the widget below to enter our giveaway! Log in using your Facebook account or e-mail address, then follow the instructions to enter. You can enter each day to increase your chances of winning.
Fire at Sea is a documentary by director Gianfranco Rosi that captures life on the Italian Island of Lampedusa, a frontline in the European migrant crisis.
The sleepy Italian island of Lampedusa, some 70 miles from Tunisia, has become the first stop for hundreds of thousands of refugees streaming into Europe to escape conflict, poverty and persecution throughout Africa and the Middle East. This film offers a startlingly poignant glimpse into the small island’s culture as its people encounter waves of desperate newcomers packed into rickety fishing boats, many of whom die before reaching Lampedusa’s coast. As the residents of Lampedusa attempt to go about the quotidian aspects of their day, one of the world’s most tragic crises is literally washing up on their shores. To view the official trailer, click here.
WANT TO MEET THE DIRECTOR?
The director, Gianfranco Rosi will be in New York during the opening weekend for Q&As with audiences.
Advance ticket purchase required.
Q&A sessions will be held at the IFC Center on Friday, October 21 and Saturday, October 22 at 7:50 PM and on Sunday October 23 at 3:00 PM. For more information, click here.
The Lincoln Plaza Cinema will be holding Q&As on Friday, October 21, Saturday, October 22 and Sunday, October 23 at 4:40 PM. For more information, click here.
Having trouble entering the giveaway? Read this!
- If you have a Facebook account, click the blue Log In button. If you don’t, you may log in using your e-mail address through the grey button below it (pictured below).
- You must visit NOIAW on Facebook as your first entry. Follow the link provided to our Facebook page, which will open in a new tab. To complete the entry, be sure to navigate back to this page and click the “I visited” button.
- To increase your chance of winning, complete the additional steps as prompted, such as joining our mailing list, visiting our website, and following us on Twitter, among others (as shown below.)
- Be sure to click the “Enter” button within the widget each time you complete a step to make sure your entry is counted!
- Not sure if your entries are being counted? Check the upper right hand corner of the widget. Once you are logged in, you will see a fraction in that corner ranging from 1/31 to 27/31. The first number represents the number of entries you have submitted. The second number represents the number of total entries you are permitted.
- Return to the giveaway each day to complete additional entries. Not all entries can be completed each day. Daily entries are permitted for Tweeting about the Giveaway and Sharing the Giveaway on Facebook.
- Still have questions? Give us a call at 212-642-2003 or e-mail email@example.com.